Monday, January 11, 2010

Disappointed with Dante

I've been tracking the Developer Diaries of a game that is currently in development called Dante's Inferno.

It's due for release early this year, looks really good, and is just the type of single player distraction I'd like while WoW is down for maintenance.

I was having a look around to see what the rating would be like. Australia has rather limited classifications when it comes to games, and anything that requires a rating more than M15+ usually gets refused classification, and modifications are then usually required to dumb it down to the M15+ before it can be sold in Australia. Currently, it has a voluntary ESRB rating of M17+, which doesn't bode well for Australia.

But that's all became moot when I saw that it will only be getting released for PS3 and XBox360. That's really quite disappointing. I'm not much of a console gamer for a few reasons. There's my I.T. background which means I usually have a pretty grunty PC to start with. I like having dual monitors to I can see non gaming related things on the second screen. And I'm pretty crap with console controllers. I like my gaming with the keyboard and mouse. I don't like tying up the TV for games since other members of the house hold are not into that sort of thing.

If I were to get a serious gaming console, it would probably be the PS3. From what I've gathered, XBox users have to pay to access XBox Live, and the multiplayer features of PS3 are free.

As it stands, I have the Wii for my not so serious gaming console. It's nice for social gaming. Having said that, I did get Tenchu : Shadow Assassins for the Wii for my recent birthday. It's a nice single player game, though it got a little but frustrating in the sword play when my controller reactions weren't fast enough.

/sigh

I guess I'll be waiting for Diablo 3 to come out on PC to get my afterworld gaming story line action.

In the meantime, I've got off WoW a little bit, and having been playing Call of Duty : Modern Warfare 2 - Multiplayer. It's proving to be lots of fun with alot of the features I enjoyed from Counter-Strike and the added bonus of a persistent rank, challenges and achievements.

No comments: