Monday, January 25, 2010

It goes a little something like this

Turn left into front stance and low block
Step forward and middle punch
Turn 180 degrees and low block
Step forward and middle punch
Turn right and low block
Step forward and upper cover
Step forward and upper cover
Step forward, head punch and shout
Turn right into sparing stance and outside knife hand block
Step forward with knife hand block
Turn 180 degrees and outside knife block
Step forward with knife hand block
Turn left in sparing stance with outside block (not knife hand), then switch face for another outside block
Step back in sparing stance with outside block
Step back again with outside block
Step back one more time with outside block, then switch face for another outside block
Turn right into forward stance for upper cover
Step forward with head punch
Turn 180 degrees with upper cover
Step forward with head punch and shout
Return to rest


And that's my form I learned on the last day of Tae Kwon Do last year. It's the easiest one so far, but I still have to think about it.

Tonight is the first night back since then, and I've not done any training at all. I thought about the form while on holidays in Vanuatu so I wouldnt forget, and I even did a quick revision of all the forms I've learned so far the other night.

I hope I don't pull a hamstring.

I really ought to document the others, for my own reference more than anything. Apparently the club website is getting an update and will have YouTube videos of all the forms. I'd settle for a tarp that has foot steps and instructions, like those old dance instructions.

No comments:

Post a Comment