Monday, July 19, 2010

Bye-bye, Mister Vista. Hello, Mister Seven.

  • 8GB of DDR2 memory. Check
  • 1TB HDD. Check.
  • Win7 Home Premium upgrade. Check.

Tonight, the old HDD gets unplugged, the memory gets replaced and my old Vista machine starts along the road to becoming a Windows 7 machine, 64 bit and 8GB of memory to have its way with.

The reinstall is going to take a while, I know.  And eventually downloading a few of my old games (looking at you, Steam) is going to take a while, too.

On the other hand, I'm less likely to have out of memory errors in WoW, as I play that, and do a few other things on the side.  And it's a way to extend the lifetime of the rest of the machine, without buying a whole new one.

I've also got a Sharkoon QuickPort combo eSATA on order as well.  This will come in handy for a few IDE drives that I may want to quickly check, without having to get a dedicated external case for.

No comments:

Post a Comment