Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Euro Holiday: Day One

Finally showered after walking around a very wet London since we dumped our bags at the accommodation at 8:30 am. We had touched down at Terminal 3 at 5:30 am *yawn*.

The plastic bits in my backpack had perished since the last time I hoisted it on to my back. I think that might have been at Vanuatu at the start of this year. For an eleven year old pack, it's had a good life but it won't make it back to Australia with me. Cheers, Kathmandu, for the nice discount on the pack.

It's very strange to be back. After five years of being away, little things flit back. Like bus numbers.

So tempting to nap before heading out to dinner with/at friends.

Maybe I'll succumb for a little while. It's 4:12 pm, which is more like 2 am, Brisbane time. There's only so much that shitty eight hours of broken sleep is going to do to get you aligned.

No comments:

Post a Comment