Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Up

Sometime in your life you may have experiences a feeling of vertigo, a sinking pit in your stomach, a fear filled with dread, accompanied by the phase "Oh gods, what have I done?".

Well, I'm getting married this coming Saturday, and there's no place for those kinds of thoughts this week, or next week, and any other time soon after that.

Caught up in that hustle and bustle of wedding preparations (which has been done most admirably by Annika) is the acceptance of other stuff that you'd normally take a step back and appraise with a discerning eye.  On of those things in the challenge of Up; a push up competition for the amateur.

From the 20th of October, 2011, I'll be doing push ups on a daily basis, until I hit an achieved goal of 10507.  I'm estimating this will take about 4 months to complete, if I keep at it every day.

If you'd like to join, or even observe, there's the public Facebook event and the #10507 hash tag.

2 comments:

  1. Nice one, yo. I knew the big day was coming, but I didn't realise it was this close (also, coincidence: same day as my brother's wedding).

    Hope you guys have a great day!

    (also, I like the name "Up" for the comp)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (also, enough with the parenthetical "also"-s, Dayne)

    ReplyDelete